Wednesday, January 14, 2009

We're On A Witch Hunt!

-- The most dramatic title to a blog ever, and a little less serious than the rest of this entry --

Now this is interesting. From the previous post, you are aware that I was prompted by God through a book on intercessory prayer to inquire about a co-workers faith. She thinks she's a witch (if you think you are, does that mean you really are?). This is not what I was expecting, but I guess that's how God likes to work. That's cool with me, it's His will not mine.

Tonight I continue to read this book, that I'm now really addicted to! Neat stuff happens when I read it! After a couple more pages from where I get God's prompting there is a story about a girl who is paralyzed from the neck down. Doctors were unable to pin point the cause. A man prayed this prayer for her, "Satan, I break your hold over this young lady in the name of Jesus. I command you to loose your hold over her and let her go."

To me, this is powerful stuff you don't take lightly. I believe in spiritual warfare and it's presence around us all the time. For us to be able to use Jesus' name to rebuke the devil is just flipping fantastic, in my humble opinion of course.

Back to the story. After a month, the girl was healed. She was able to walk and talk again. She told the man who had prayed for her that before her paralysis she had been approached by a teacher who wanted to have sex with her. She refused and this made him angry. He was a witch doctor and put a curse on her. The girl didn't think much about it but slowly the paralysis took over her body and she wasn't able to communicate what happened to her with anyone.

I don't know what to make of all this, but I can tell you one thing. If I had ignored God and read about the witch doctor, I probably never would have worked up the nerve to say anything to this girl. Or if I had read about the witch doctor then found out she was a witch, who knows what would have happened. Maybe God is teaching me about his perfect timing and my willing heart. Maybe not, but I feel like it means more than nothing.

1 comment:

  1. That is a really encouraging. What is the name of the book you are reading?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...