(Except for you Joy, I never hear you complain about your kids. Although you do seem to have unnaturally good kids, so maybe that's your problem)
I finished 2 Samuel yesterday. Today I started on 1 Kings. Since 12/29 I've read my Bible almost every day and walked/jogged consistently. I'm still working on praying. I don't consider myself good at it. But I'm not real sure how it's supposed to be done. I'm going to work on that.
Jordan has spent every extra waking minute planning our June trip. We decided to stay at the Bellagio instead of TI because the Bellagio is 5 star and it'll probably be one of our only chances to stay at a 5 star. The Bellagio is the hotel with the cool fountain show in the front.

We're going to go on a desert ATV tour, either Death Valley or Valley of Fire.
We're going to Manzanar National Historic Site, where the US had Japanese detainee camps during WWII.
We are going to Bristlecone Pine Forest to see the worlds oldest tree. It's 2500 years old!

We're going to Bodie Ghost Town.

We are going to Mono Lake, which has to be one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

We're going to Ubehebu Crater, which is exactly what it sounds like, a massive crater sitting in the middle of the desert. It's a half mile wide and 770 feet deep.

And lots more that I'll post later! Jordan's already looking at cameras so we will be fully armed for this trip. Yellowstone really got us in the mood for nature vacations.

Your gonna love the Bellagio, me and mig stayed there it is def. the most gorgeous hotel on the strip... they have an amazing room service breakfast :) Vegas is really fun, and the desert is pretty cool if you have never seen it before... ENJOY!!!!
ReplyDeleteBrittany (Brinkman) Camacho
Again...Are you sure I can't take me with you? Is the whole family going or just you two?
ReplyDeleteIt's just the 2 of us. The only other vacations we've taken alone was our honeymoon and a 4 day cruise. So we're long over due for a good vacation.
ReplyDeleteHi Mary - That's great you are reading your Bible so consistently. As for prayer, don't get bogged down in a bunch of rules about how you can or can't pray. Evan used to pray in the shower everyday until someone told him you needed to be kneeling to pray. That seemed too hard for him to do at the time, so he just stopped praying all together. I believe a prayer in the shower is better than no prayer at all. I like what Colossians 4:2 says "Devote yourself to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart." Maybe look up in the concordance what the Bible says about prayer and meditate on those scriptures for help.
ReplyDelete