After painting all the main living area Toffee Crunch brown, I faux finished the niche to help give it some depth. It really helps draw the eye to the focal point of the room.
We knew we would be replacing the tile surround when we got new flooring, so that was pretty easy. Once the tile was up, we needed to figure out what to do with the lovely gold doors (I have never seen gold fixtures done well, but I would love someone to prove me wrong).
I started looking online for new doors and come to find out they run about $400 for a pair. Well, $400 is a lot of money and I could think of about 800 other ways I'd rather spend that money, so I opted to spray paint the gold. I went with black hoping it would just disappear and not really look like anything. I also replaced the beat up handles with some $2.50 brushed silver handles from Lowes. So after spending about $12 and working on the doors for about 2 hours, I think our fireplace is complete.

I really like it, you're right... the black just makes it fade away.
ReplyDeleteLove this!
ReplyDeleteI don't know... the very first one was pretty hot
ReplyDelete