Monday, March 22, 2010

Whimsical Wood #5

This passed weekend Jordan and I celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary. It was a rather low-key considering the craziness leading up to the day. The traditional anniversary gift for year #5 is wood, and it just so happens we went to our local nursery and bought a tree for the front yard. It was a coincidence but I love it and it will forever be known as our anniversary tree, one that can be shaped, with stand freezing, and pretty much can't be killed no matter what you do to it. We also ate at our favorite restaurant, Season's 52, which we go to every year.

















Since I was sick last week I wasn't able to post pictures of how the laundry room turned out. There is one thing left to do but here are some pictures of what it looks like now.

This is the before.


















And the after. I wanted the room to be bright and almost whimsical. It's not like any other room in the house.














I bought antique Ball jars in a teal color for my detergents on Etsy.com. The green thing on the right is a chinese dragon.















I also bought these on Etsy. I pretty much love anything with birds.















I painted the ceiling orange and hung new wire shelving. The curtains are hung on a wire tension rod so it slides back and forth easily.













The painted metal bird hooks were also an Etsy find. I use it to dry my unmentionables.













These hooks came with the house. It was a stained wood and I painted it the same color orange as the ceiling. I like the idea of keeping it around to remind us how far we've come with this house.










3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...