Saturday, January 3, 2009

Productivity At Its Greatest

Jordan had the week off and we took great advantage of it! We got so much done this week. It felt great to get things done and not just sit around having a week of lazy days. Every day we got up by 11 (this is big for us, we're night people). Every day I read my Bible. Five times this week I went for a 30 minute walk. Jordan and the dogs joined me on today's walk. I got two major projects done that I had been wanting to do since we moved in.

The first project was painting the front door. I've never done this heavy of a paint project. And I had to paint with oil based paint, something else I've never done. First we started off with flamingo pink primer. I had to let it dry for a day, so I'm sure the neighbors were wondering what was up. Then I put three coats of red paint on the door. THREE coats! I thought primer was supposed to help with this? And it was really tedious to paint of those stupid panels. Not to mention the door is in bad shape to start with. I finished coat number 3 today, so we will see tomorrow if the door requires a 4th. This has turned into a 3 day process, and I still have the interior portion of the doors to do.




The second major project was making a valance for the breakfast nook. I've never sewn this big of a project before and I've never sewn with silk before. I wanted the valance to be one continuous piece across all 4 windows. This was hard to accomplish because they are all angled. But we rigged it up, and I think I might actually like it. I'm notorious for doing something "homemade" and hating it. So this could have turned into a really expensive project that was thrown in the trash at the end. Oh, and Jordan hung the chandelier, which is probably one of my favorite things in the whole house.


I did a french pleat in the corners to give it definition, although you can't see it in this picture.


Beading along the bottom hem.


I love these bird pictures.


My chandelier that I got at an absolute steal.



Besides working on house stuff we went to the movies twice this week. We ran a lot of errands. I cooked dinner for three nights. And tomorrow we will be going to a new church. A successful week indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...