Sunday, January 18, 2009

My Light Bulb

I was listening to a podcast recently, I have no idea which one, they all get jumbled up in my head. The pastor said something I've heard before. Many times before. But this time it clicked! He said "God has given you everything you need to get through today", paraphrasing.

I don't remember if it was the pastor or God who then sorted it out in my head for what this means for me and my life. No matter what the day throws at me, he has already given me what will be required to deal with it. Whatever comes my way, God knows in advance, and he has prepared me for it. There is no temptation that is too strong for me to resist. God knows my breaking point, and if I rely on him, I will not be broken.


2 Peter 1:3 His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.

1 Corinthians 10:13
No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.


If I believe these verses, there is no room for fear, doubt, anxiety, self-condemnation, and so on. Today I am exactly who God has made me to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...