Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Oh, God!

Last night I worked. It was a quiet night, for me. I had some time to read a little from a book on intercessory prayer.

I'm sitting in the nurses station, just me and one other girl, minding my own business when words from the book start popping out at me. Share. Bold. Witness. You have got to be kidding.

I keep reading and blame it on my 3 am groggy head. And then I start thinking about this other book I read, Just Walk Across the Room. And then I read something about the lost, dying and going to hell. Ok. I/God put down my book.

I don't even think twice. I dive in. I ask the girl if she was raised in church. She talks about her family all the time, so asking about her childhood is close to her heart. She's a big talker, so she was more than happy to share. She was saying stuff about being raised Methodist/catholic, and my brain is screaming what have I gotten myself into? And then she says she's Wiccan.

Jesus....are you serious? I have this crazy, God-given urge to witness to someone and they are a Wiccan?! This has to be a joke. The girl thinks she's a witch! She says she has powers and she casts spells!!! And she "knows things".

So she gives me the whole Wiccan shpeal. I ask another question, I have no idea what it was. My brain is literally screaming "Oh, God. Oh, God. Oh, God" and that is the depth of prayer I could muster. I really don't remember much else. She talked. I asked questions when she took a breath. And I did get to tell her what "non-denominational" is. (Have you ever noticed none Christians are VERY interested in what denomination you are?)

Was God prompting me? Yes, cause I did not want to put down my book. Did He plant a seed? I pray. Will I continue to pursue a relationship with this girl? Absolutely. What did I learn? Witnessing has so much more to do with YOU than with the other person. Will you listen to God or hide in fear? Give me a chance to bite fear in the butt and I'll do it every time.

Mostly....

Oh, and if I die a sudden, mysterious death, keep in mind a recently tried witnessing Jesus to a witch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...