Monday, September 15, 2008

Sunny Sunday

Yesterday Jordan and I spent all day out and about. We started off by going to Expo, the over-priced but very nice home design center. We looked at drapery, floors, lighting, vanities and some furniture. We found this little faucet set



If you can't tell from the picture the two faucets go into a little bowl, the water spills out of the little bowl into the sink. Price at Expo $219, price at Home Depot $129. Which is really odd since they are the same company. Just shows how over priced Expo is.

After shopping we went to meet my parents for lunch like we do every Sunday. There just so happened to be a flooring store next to the place we ate. They had laminate like we wanted, thick, beveled edge, right color, floating. They also had an area rug I liked. I asked the guy how much it was and he said he would throw it in for free if we bought the laminate there. The rug was $250!!! So that kind of sold us, as long as the laminate will work.

We went BACK to Lowes after that to compare their flooring. I'm not sure, because Lowes is confusing, but I don't think the floor we picked out would work over tile. And it was more expensive than the free-rug-guy's stuff.

After all that shopping we went to Heather and Evan's baby shower. Co-ed baby showers are an epidemic, so Jordan has now been to two showers. Almost as many as me! It was fun seeing all the cute little things they got, and their friends are so sweet. The food was great! I need to learn how to make finger foods..... seems to be a hostess essential.

From the baby shower we went to church. A quite awesome guest speaker spoke. His name is Dr. Robert Tuttle, our pastor's seminary professor. It was a flash-back to the Freedom Fellowship days listening to a charismatic speaker. And he was a hilarious old man.

And to finish off the day, we went to Bahama Breeze with Jen/John and Alison/Josh for dinner. It was a lot of eating for one day, as you can tell. But it was a good finish for such a busy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...