The dirty work has officially begun, if you couldn't tell already. I spent 2 and a half hours on the phone this morning, with the mortgage broker, Liberty Mutual, and Jaime. Jordan and I are still in the process of figuring out how much we want to put down on the house. The full 10% or 8.5% really doesn't change a whole lot, except our payments are higher with the 8.5%, about $50, nothing to write home about. We still get the same interest rate, and with that extra money in pocket we would be able to do some extra work on the house. I think Jordan is more nervous about the whole process than I am. Probably because I know the money better so I have exact numbers in my head. And I've been the one talking to all the professionals. He's calling the mortgage broker today to get his questions answered, and hopefully we'll have this downpayment thing decided on today.
And for the insurance hunt, it was a short one. Liberty Mutual gives EA Employees a discount, plus their rates are low. While on the phone with sales, I had never answered so many questions about a house before. What are the counter tops? How much of the flooring is tile? How high are the ceilings? Are there any doors above average height? These are weird questions to me. But our monthly payment is lower than expected, so I'm cool.
I have to work tonight, so I will now be heavily drugging myself and turning off my phone to get some sleep!
Chicken & Wild Rice Soup
1 year ago

No comments:
Post a Comment