Saturday, September 13, 2008

Shopping

Today Jordan and I went with our friends, Jen and John, to look for flooring. We're going to try to put down wood floors before we move in. So we went to a couple different stores that helped us figure out what we like and what we don't like. Neither of us like laminate. We like a little glossy shine. And we like darker finishes. And beveled edges are my favorite. Jordan and John think that the wood can be installed over the tile, as long as it's a lock together wood. It was really hard finding a non-nail/glue down wood. We also compared prices for carpet. Ends up Lowes is cheaper. After we dropped off Jen/John we went to Lowes to see if they had any wood we liked. Ends up with both agreed on one! And it's a lock together type install. It's engineered wood, so it's more expensive than the laminate. You can't really compare the 2 though.

And this evening I tried to decide on what I'd like to do for drapery. I'm excited to have options. I think it's because our condo doesn't have very many windows, so now I have more to work with! I think I'm going to have to make the valances, but hopefully I can buy the panels premade. This is what I found and liked:

For the bedroom! But I would use rings on the rod instead of a rod pocket, I think it looks cleaner like that. I'd also like to use a color like this in the bathroom.



And maybe the dining room (big maybe) minus the valance (gag)



Instead of using a rod for the dining room, since the window is curved on top, I'd use this medallion style to bring out the curve.




Bath drapes are from Bed Bath and Beyond so they are fairly cheap! I know this probably didn't make sense to anyone except me, but I love thinking about this so much. I plan it in my head, find a picture on the internet, sketch something out, then get so excited I have to blog about it! I'm hopeless, I know.

1 comment:

  1. When I get a house....you can design it for me!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...