Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Permanent Whirlwind Around Here!

After not sleeping for 22 hours yesterday, I only slept 4 hours after work. My body just doesn't like sleeping a long time during the day. I guess it's a good thing so it doesn't mess up my nights too much, but I still ended up being awake for an hour last night.

Once I woke up I spent yesterday being lazy, talking on the phone, playing on the internet. Then Jaime calls and asks if she can show our condo in 1.5 hours, I was like "WHAT???". Of course we were in the middle of doing laundry so we had laundry everywhere! Plus the normal messiness. So I quick got off the phone and did some speed cleaning! Enough to work up a sweat. Forget about taking a shower or brushing my teeth. I hid clothes back in the dryer, ran the Roomba, and hoped for the best. Apparently my speed cleaning got the job done, the man who came to look at it thought our condo was one of the complexes models. He didn't realize anyone lived in it. And he loved all the wall colors. For me, this was the ultimate compliment! After he left, he called a couple hours later to see if he could bring his girlfriend by, but Jordan never answered his phone to set it up. They are coming back tomorrow at 12 to see it again. And from what I've learned about the business, second showings are a VERY GOOD THING!!!

After that Jordan and I had the valve stems replace on my tires because they had been recalled by Discount Tires. One person has died due to them leaking and causing flats. I picked up my car in a big hurry and sped off to have a girls night out with my friend Maribel. We were supposed to go paint pottery, but we never found the stupid store. GPS couldn't find it, driving up and down the same street for 30 minutes couldn't find it, we're convinced it doesn't exist. So we went to Park Ave and ate at Chef Justin's. We had a good time and contemplated stealing the plates since we were going home without pottery. Hopefully the pottery thing will work out next time. It's such a fun get together.




Today we had our termite inspection. On the way from the grocery store to the new house, I got a flat tire. Yep, the tire they just fixed was completely flat, and I was completely stranded! Jordan had to leave the inspection to come change my flat. I don't know what Discount Tires did wrong, but they will get an ear full tomorrow when I take back my "fixed" tire. And for the inspection, we haven't heard anything back yet.

And now I will work all night. Working is so much easier when you have something you're working for.

Oh ya! My maid of honor, Gwen, had a beautiful baby girl yesterday! Welcome to the world Riley! You're one lucky kid to have such great parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...