We got our appliances today. They look really good. The kitchen looks so much better with matching stainless steal instead of the old stuff. The wall where the microwave goes is block, so we have to have some kind of special drill bit to hang it. So that didn't happen today. Once that's done, we just have to finish painting, find a new light fixture, and put some hardware on the doors and we'll be done, for a while at least.

We also got our buffet today. It's such a nice piece. Not quite the right color for our table and chairs, it's honestly too nice for them. But we might need a whole new dining room set when we put down the wood floors anyway (the wood colors might clash big time). I really think the buffet is a nice piece though. It'll be even better once I get the wall behind it painted green.

We had my parents over for dinner tonight. It was the first time we used the dining room. It was mom's birthday on Thursday, so I made her gumbo and bought her some presents. Dad of course comes over to do work... kind of feel bad about that, but I swear up and down he enjoys it. He almost got my car's gasoline door fixed, but not quite, so he's moved on to plan B. I swear he can fix anything.
And now we rest and see what Sunday brings.

That's the awesome about your dad!!! He wouldn't have it any other way!!!!!
ReplyDelete