Jaime and Brian gave us beautiful mother of pearl picture frames from Restoration Hardware. Josh and Alison got us a bottle of Crown Royal, that we went through pretty fast (talk about breathing fire!). Shannon and Fred got us a bottle of Oops Chardonnay. And my parents got us flowers, a food basket and these pumpkins:
If I forgot anyone, I'm really sorry (it's been a rough day, read on). I forgot to take pictures until the last group of people showed up - UGH! So these are the couple pics we did get.
Jordan's signature picture
Me and Jordan with our housewarming bottle half empty
Me and Aleen looking very photogenic
Maribel and Covah throwing up some fake gang signs
It was a great party and I thank everyone SO much! Our home is thoroughly warmed. And I got the greatest compliments of all time, from multiple friends, saying our home looks like a model home. THANK YOU!
Today we got some really bad news about my Aunt Franny. She was diagnosed with cancer this past week. They did further tests on her and she has lung, brain, and bone cancer. Stage 4 (the most advanced stage). They are giving her 6-8 months to live. This is the worst possible news we could have gotten. Our family is shedding many tears over this. She is going to be set up with palliative care and move in with her grown daughter. She will get chemo and radiation treatment for comfort. She is in shock and sad she will not get to watch her grandchildren grow up. But she knows she's going to be with Jesus. She's going to see her husband and father-in-law and we will all be together one day. Her pain is still really bad. She has a hard time getting to the bathroom, answering the phone, feeding herself, things we take for granted. Please pray that she will be able to enjoy the rest of her time as much as possible. I just want her to be comfortable.
On a much lighter note, Jordan and I spent most of the day stranded on the side of 429. My car had a squeaky belt for a couple days. It decided to break right after we started on our way to our friend's housewarming party. I was REALLY looking forward to seeing Jamie and Jen's new house. God had other plans for us though. We had my car towed to our trusty body shop. My dad met us on 429, I think mainly for moral support. He was going to try to fix the belt, but it looks like something else is broken too. So we will find out tomorrow what's wrong with it. I just hope it's not expensive. Christmas is always so expensive, especially with flying out of state and missing a weeks worth of work. I just have to remind myself this is exactly what our savings account is for....

No comments:
Post a Comment