Friday, November 14, 2008

Still Awake

I worked last night. It was a busy night because I had a patient I had to assess every hour. Do you know how fast an hour goes by when you have other things to do? It would have been fine if I didn't have 5 other patients to adequately care for.

So 7:30 rolls around and we are all on our way home. I get a call from my good friend Maribel, and her car has a flat tire in the company parking garage. She's really upset cause we are all supposed to be asleep, especially her since she has to go back to work in 11 hours. We decided we're going to fix the tire. I just saw Jordan do it a month ago. We get out the donut tire, we get out the jack and those metal things people get hit over the head with in movies. Jack in place, now to loosen the lug nuts (that's what they are called right?). They don't move. Some nice dude comes by and loosens all of them for us. We should have asked him if we had the jack in the right place. So then we start twisting and turning that stupid jack. It's really hard. It moves the car up a lot, but then seems to not be moving any more. Then the car tilts slightly forward and falls. The jack is bent in half. I'm not going to say it was our fault, but other people jumped to that conclusion pretty fast. I called my dad and he said it was too dangerous for us to change it. I'm thinking he was right. Being the nice friend that I am, I drive my dear Maribel all the way to Waterford Lakes (east Orlando), I live in Apopka (north west Orlando). By the time she is dropped off it's already 8:35. I get home around 9:10. I'm so tired, but I have to wind down. Oh, and changing a tire, if you want to call it that, is a really dirty job. With the little bit we did, I got dirt under my nails.

Just a story that Maribel and I are adding to our collection.

And I found this while winding down



Now I will sleep and dream of miniature Boston Terriers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...