Monday, November 3, 2008

Men ::Rolling my eyes::

Now men are great, and we wouldn't get too far with out them. You know, the whole takes two to create thing. But sometimes I just can't believe what comes out of their little stupid mouths.

I was at the paint store buying my 100th gallon of paint, or so it seems. The man helping me was not very friendly, but whatever, just get my paint right. So he mixed my paint and they always ask if I need help out. If it's more than 2 gallons, then yes, but I only had 2 so I could manage. But this man just said "I got it" and grabbed the cans. Whatever.

When we get to the car he says "You don't look like you'd know how to paint." Which completely threw me off. What the heck kind of statement is that?!?! Clearly stereotypical, sexist, and just plain rude to say out loud. And as I comment back about painting over 15 gallons myself, he says something about getting my nails dirty. WTF old man?? Want to throw a "sweetie" or "honey" in there and really make me livid? Honestly, it just gave me a little extra pep in my step. Yep, I paint on my own, put furniture together, hang curtains, what else you want cause I'll get it done? That's what I felt like saying. Unfortunately, I'm nice and just wished him a good day.

A friend asked if I pounded him with my paint cans. I enjoyed that mental picture a little too much: grown man on the ground in the fetal position begging for mercy as my 2 paint cans fly at him. Ok, maybe I'm not nice.

And on that note, I'm going to paint!
Thanks mom for raising me to be independent. (You all should have heard mom when I told her what happened! She was more riled up than me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...