Monday, November 10, 2008

Energizer Bunny

Is amazing how much you can shove into one weekend.

Saturday morning I co-hosted a baby shower for Jaime. I cleaned the house Saturday afternoon. Saturday night we went to a birthday party. Sunday morning we went to the dreaded Walmart to pick up some supplies. Jordan transplanted a tree thing that was in the front yard to the back. I planted some flowers in it's place. He mowed the lawn, I pulled weeds. I washed the screens on the patio, plus the screens in all the windows (which were all put on backwards and that is why lizards were always in between the window and screen). I painted the dining room ceiling to match the wall. And then we painted the guest bath and office together. Unfortunately we have to do some touch ups in both rooms, that's what we get for painting at the END of a long day.

The housewarming party is this Saturday. My plan is to touch up the paint, do another decal in the dining room, hang the stuff in the bathroom, hang the mirror in the living room, and hang the curtains in the bedroom. If I post it I'll feel like I'm going to be held accountable. Then I have to plan the food for the party and clean the house (I hate tile floor, they always look dirty).

On a super awesome note, my mom and dad bought me the vanity I wanted for the guest bathroom. It's this one:




It's my birthday and Christmas present combined, but worth it! Once the holidays are done we'll start remodeling the bathroom.

Today I had to wake up at the un-Godly hour of 6 am! We had a seminar at work that started at 8. It wasn't so bad. I've been in more boring situations. I sat with some of my snarky co-workers so they helped ease the pain. We got to see lots of cool pictures of Head and Neck Surgeries. Since we get the patients after surgery, they are already sutured and stapled back together. Nasty, disgusting pictures BTW.

Then I came home and organized the kitchen pantry and our closets. Now all of Jordan's stuff is in one and all my stuff is in the other. I trimmed our crape myrtle bush. I don't know if there is hope for that thing. Someone trimmed it back to the ground at one point so it's growing skinny little limbs out of it's base all weird.

I think we're going to treat ourselves to a restaurant tonight, and then head to Northland. We're eager to hear what else Pastor Joel has to say about the election.

2 comments:

  1. The crepe myrtle trees are supposed to look like that. My neighbors all have them, and every year they trim them way down, and the little skinny branches grow back. Ugly, I know. (That's why we killed ours - mwuh-ha-ha-haaa.)

    We missed you at church, btw. Can't believe you traded us in for Northland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're trading you in for Northland next week too. Steve Brown is too good to pass up on.

    Crepe Myrtles are not actually supposed to have that done. It's called "Crepe Murder" in the gardening world. And definitely not 2 inches above ground level.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...