Friday, December 31, 2010

Fear

My husband is one of the trendiest guys I know. I have no problem going to him and asking for advice on an outfit or how to decorate the dining room table. He has an amazing eye for placement and spacing, much better than myself. So when he dyed his hair red (pink) you can imagine my shock. He said he wanted to do it before we have kids and he wanted to put himself "out there". OK. Cool. I went through my period of piercings and it was a fun stage. Everyone has their thing they like to do to be a little out there. My husband chose red (pink) hair.

Tuesday: Jordan, "I'm going to get my hair cut." Mary, "See ya soon!"

2 hours later: Mary, "OMG.... OMG." Jordan, "What?" Mary, "OMG OMG OMG"

My husband has a red (pink) mohawk. And no, I don't mean fauxhawk. So I came down pretty hard on the WTH were you thinking attitude. I was slightly over the "this is your thing" to say the least.

Then tonight, as we lay in bed and have those precious discussions in the dark, I understand. He is shoving himself into discomfort to get over fear. How brave. How admirable. He saw a fear, an uncomfortable situation, and he took it on head first (no pun intended). How amazing. I wish I was more like that.

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome, I struggle with fear too. Fear of everything I think I can't do, so I signed up for a half marathon and I'm scared everyday that I won't be able to do it. I love the pink mohawk in the pic to the right, it's cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...