Happy New Year!!! After spending a quiet night ringing in the New Year, Jordan and I woke up at the before-crack-of-dawn on Saturday and started making our way to NC. We are up here in Waynesville for the week with his parents, brothers, and sister-in-law. This is our 3rd Pitts' Family Vacation in the Smoky Mountains, but you'll understand why shortly.
I found this cabin a couple months ago while reading through some blogs and new I had to visit. I've never really been into the log cabin look, so I thought it was really interesting when I saw this one was completely out of the norm. And, why yes, I did base this whole vacation solely on the decor of one cabin.... does that make me sound crazy? Lucky enough, it's also in a great location. About 30 minutes from Asheville and a couple exits from Maggie Valley. Anyway, here are some pictures so you'll understand why I had to come here.
The living and dining room
Camera paraphernalia already littering the cabin.
Ironic I just painted my kitchen green
and have these exact shelves and drawer pulls?

The master bedroom with a
super comfy bed and down pillows
All the furniture in the cabin is painted.
Have I ever mentioned my love for painted furniture?
Love it.

Master bath and three key words:
claw foot tub
The family room downstairs has
the TV in it and a perfect cross-stitch chair.

Fireplace number 2!
Second Bathroom
Each bed has it's own
gymnasium style caged light

The back of the house. There is a deck with a hot tub
overlooking the valley.
Somehow we didn't get any pictures of the third bedroom or bathroom but I'll try to get some before we leave. So far I've been very satisfied with everything about this cabin (besides the lack of cell phone service). The beds are comfortable, the kitchen is well stocked, the two different living spaces (not having a TV on the main floor makes for a very peaceful vacation), and close proximity to a Walmart (Yes I used the "w" word, but it comes in handy on vacay). Oh, and did I mention my love for the decor?! Attention to detail is where it's at. When I grow up and become a real decorator, I hope to be half as creative as whoever did this place.












Hi there! Cute blog.. I think this is the cabin where you stayed....http://www.tphblog.com/the-best-of-the-cottage-subway-tiles-3-ways/
ReplyDeleteI think nester stayed there too. :)
---- mytinyrobotheart.blogspot.com