Monday, December 13, 2010

Merry Red Christmas

I'm finally getting around to taking pictures of my Christmas decor. I was determined to be a good home decorator/blogger and go hardcore on the Christmas decor. Every piece has been moved to 5 different locations in the house. Some pieces were taken out all together. Others are just gonna stay there and have to deal with it. Do I sound frustrated? Good, cause I was. Breathe Mary, breathe. I'm happy with the way it turned out but I keep thinking how it's so temporary (Less than a month to enjoy this stuff?!). Conclusion, holiday decorating is (still) not my forte.

Some of the Christmas cheer is
minimal and understated.
Some festive votives in the living room.

Red and white amaryllis
(my favorite to decorate with)
in the kitchen.

This is the entryway table.

The mini-glitter trees are cone shaped
flower styrofoams that I used tons of
spray adhesive and glitter on.

The white tree is another flower cone
with a feather boa wrapped
around it and a cardinal perched on top.

I really had big plans for this cloche,
but nothing was looking right.
This is as good as it got and
I'm pretty disappointed.

Feels like "blah" to me.
I don't care what I put on my buffet, I always love it.
I think it has more to do with the wall decals and sparkly lamp.

My mantel has been my nemesis since we moved in.
It's so tall but not very deep at all so
I have always had problems filling the space.
I'll have to say, I'm pretty happy
with the way this turned out.
Now if I could just get it to transition over into
every day decor I'd be a happy girl.
And another picture of our beautiful 9 footer.
I love him but his constant shedding of needles is going to
send me straight to the funny farm.

PS Did you notice my pretty severe obsession with red?? I might have a problem.

1 comment:

  1. Everything looks so pretty. I especially like the red tree.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...