Wednesday, September 8, 2010

You Need To Know

On our 5 year anniversary back in March, Jordan and I found ourselves in Barnes and Noble looking through books. I found this cute little book called "1001 Things Happy Couples Know About Marriage." I started flipping through it and every page I read I had one of those "ah-ha" moments. So I bought the book and it has a home in the middle of our living room on our footstool/coffee table tray.



I pick it up once in a while and read it to Jordan. These are some of my favorite excepts, although most of them are right on.

35. You need to know never criticize each other in public. This can have far-reaching consequences.
101. You need to know that love is showing patience for a man who hasn't picked up his laundry in three days.
252. You need to know if you're unhappy, you're also to blame.
309. You need to know these nine words that can change a relationship: "I was wrong. I am sorry. Please forgive me."
313. You need to know to not throw around the "D" word. Used often enough, everyone could start believing it's a possibility.
334. You need to know patience has never started a fight.
435. You need to know to never let her do the dishes or clean the house alone. You know, unless you're having surgery. Or you've been kidnapped.
460. You need to know to keep flirting with each other. It's how all this got started.
529. You need to know your children should be adored. But your spouse must come first
784. You need to know she really won't buy into the notion that men are the stronger sex until there's a noise in the house at 2am
900. you need to know men and women think about housework differently. For one thing, women think about it.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...