
I know! How could I pass up on something that was so incredibly adorable?! I actually did go back to the thrift store within a couple hours but some other very lucky individual had already snatched them up. They would have been perfect for my aspiring re purposing then selling junk idea.
Now that my booty is completely sore from kicking myself, I have definitely learned my lesson. So when I came across this pleasant little basket, with it's original tag still attached, I knew it was MINE! I didn't know what I'd do with it but I wasn't going to wait around and be the fool a third time.
I noticed that the basket was almost the exact same size as my brand new open shelves. Since the shelves were already filled, the space under them was perfect! It distracts from some of the ugliness of the light switches (Ever so slightly, but still). My dish clothes and towels fit perfectly inside. The colors even match like I had this all planned out. And having them in a basket on the counter is so much more handy than in the crystal bowl above the microwave cabinet (I had zero drawer space for them, that's just where I shoved them when we moved in and where they have stayed since. Trust me, it didn't make sense to me either).
Not bad for a $1 basket, huh?

Another beautiful improvement!
ReplyDeleteSo true! Such good advice! The basket looks great!
ReplyDelete