regular but much prettier stuff.
While looking through countless pictures of kitchens for our eventual kitchen overhaul, and reading my daily decorating blog roll, I've noticed that open shelving is the new in thing! I wanted to use some in my kitchen but I was definitely not willing to sacrifice any real cabinet space. There is a narrow, unused wall between the kitchen and dining room that was the perfect place for said shelves. Since it's so narrow I had to use some cut to fit shelves from Ikea (blech). I normally hate all things Ikea, but these worked! And they worked really well! Now I can display some pretty things and get some stuff off the counters.
Please ignore the white formica countertops that are STILL in my kitchen. I just can't bare the thought of undergoing yet another big remodel project. I like everything being in it's place! We've only had the floors complete for 2 months now. It's like a bad breakup, there has to be time to heal before you jump right back into another.
The little brown dessert dishes were a gift. They aren't something I use every day, but they are nice to display. And that frees up a buffet drawer to hide ugly things in. Our wine glasses are too tall for our cabinets, so we keep the other 8 in the dining room, but having two within arms reach is handy. The cookbook stand is something I use all the time so I needed that to be in arms reach but off the counters when not in use. I've had the tea pot for years and it had been hidden in the buffet with no place to be displayed until now!

I like! Open shelves are very stylish right now.
ReplyDeleteSuper duper cute, and I like the clever use of an otherwise overlooked wall space.
ReplyDelete