Two days ago my 88 year old grandmother fell and broke her femur. She had surgery to repair it yesterday. Thankfully I have a big family. Lots of people to convince Mamaw she has to eat, has to get out of bed, she even had to be convinced she had to have surgery. So this isn't the post I've been dreaming up. I have a bedroom that's complete, a $1 shadow box that I'm immensely proud of, and some indoor potted plants that have survived. All of them really want to make it to the blog. But Mamaw trumps all indoor plants. As the nurse in the family I feel a lot of pressure to always be there or at least be available. But I also bring it on myself because nurses are fixers, we don't rely on other people to gather and relay our information and preform the task to getting our patients on the road to recovery.
While I'm busy playing private nurse I will leave you with this video of Mamaw we took on Labor Day.
Chicken & Wild Rice Soup
1 year ago

No comments:
Post a Comment