I think I've accepted what is going to happen. Once fluids have been discontinued it takes 7 to 10 days for someone to die. That puts Papaws death Monday or Wednesday of next week. Isn't that awful? I know when he is going to die.
I take comfort in knowing:
He is going to heaven
He would not want to be in this state
He is getting pain management
He had a great 87 years
His family loved him more than any family could have
I don't know how I've accepted this. I don't know if I should have accepted this. I don't do well with crying, let alone with people dying! The only reason I'm staying as strong as I am is because of Christ. I'm relying on Him completely cause I definitely cannot do this on my own.
I was convicted during my quiet time sometime this week though. I was completely relying on God to take care of my grandfather, but I was/am angry with my step-grandmother. She makes poor decisions. She has hurt a lot of people in my family, especially my parents. She just isn't a nice person. She has come between Papaw and his kids a lot. And she accepted my grandfather's fate WAY TOO FAST. She's had him with one foot in the grave for quite a while now (for no reason, Papaw was completely independent and healthy besides high blood pressure before this came about).
I trusted God to take care of my grandpa, but not the relationships that are left in the aftermath. I still wanted to be angry with her. And there's no "but" after that. I still don't want to like her. Mainly because she has hurt my dad so much. It's not my cross to bare, but I still do.
Chicken & Wild Rice Soup
1 year ago

I wish we could somehow be of help to you during this time, Mary. Hearing and imagining how hard this is makes me want to DO something, and I'm sorry I'm not better at this: I'm terrible at knowing when I should give someone space or even just a hug. Just know that I'm thinking of you and praying for you and your family right now. And if there's anything I could be doing right now that would make things - anything - easier for you, please let me know.
ReplyDelete