This week I had to run by my doctor's office to pick up medical records for a new life insurance policy. I was talking to the PA who normally sees me and she made an interesting observation. She said that a medication I was on for about a year could have been the cause for my gastric ulcer. There was never really an explanation before, so I like this one. There is also a 10% chance that stress can cause ulcers, so that could be another factor. But I'm thinking it's more likely that I'm one of the unfortunates to get this "rare" side effect.
So I just panicked at the realization that no one will be here to feed the cat at 5:45 every day when we're in Baton Rouge. He always shows up at 5:45 to get his dinner. How does the cat know it's 5:45? And if I'm not there, in the designated dog-free waiting area, he keeps coming closer and closer to the front door. He's the prettiest cat I've ever seen and I'm determined to win him over (I still haven't gotten less than 5 feet to him). I guess we'll be leaving a massive bowl of cat food on the back porch and hope he figures out the dog's are on vacation for the week.
Papaw was moved to the "skilled nursing facility" -that's code for nursing home- on Monday. He has been fed through his feeding tube since then. They think he still has the ileus, which I'm thinking they are eventually going to have to do surgery. He is obeying commands, like squeezing hands, blinking and waving. They have had him up in a chair every day. Today they had him in the social area in a wheel chair. Dad is still going 2 and 3 times a day. I don't see how he handles it emotionally or physically. He's got to be exhausted. But I think keeping busy is his way of dealing with it.
Chicken & Wild Rice Soup
1 year ago

No comments:
Post a Comment