Monday, December 29, 2008

New Possibilities

Jordan and I are thinking about finding a new church home. I haven't been spiritually satisfied with Summit all year. Two months ago I decided to wait it out through Advent and see if I had a change of heart. The problem I have with Summit is Isaac has two sermons: "Jesus loves you just the way you are" and "the next right step". Isaac does this type of message really well. I really appreciated these sermons when I was new to Summit. They helped me out in my walk with Jesus a lot. Now I want more. And I'm proud to say that I have matured beyond these messages. I want sermons on what the next right step is!

I listen to a lot of podcasts, mainly Mars Hill (Rob Bell), Northland (Joel Hunter) and Grace Fellowship (Mike Adkins). I'm new to listening to Grace Fellowships podcasts, but I've listened to the past 2 months and I want more! Mike's style is a lot like Isaac's, but he brings more to the table. The Advent series he did was awesome, and I'm going to listen to it again. I just finished listening to this weeks service. I laughed out loud when I found out it was my friend's husband, Jason Vermeulen, preaching! I didn't realize he was on staff at Grace. And not to mention he did a really good job. We've come to dread staff members preaching thanks to Summit. Jason's sermon was intelligent, simple yet enlightening, had practical application, and, most importantly, it made me want to change for Jesus and get to know him more personally. This is what I've been missing with Summit.

This coming week we will be visiting Grace. I don't know if we will become regular attenders. We will let God guide us to what our next right step is.

So, that is the latest development in the Pitts' family. I got the sweetest sympathy cards in the mail today, but I'll wait until another blog to tell you about them. Until then, just know I had some of the best friends and family in the world.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to delete my first post because I was all like "hey, go listen to Jason" and then I reread your post and I was like OH DUH.

    Anyway, yay! Come to our church. I read your blog out loud to J (he was feeding Aidan so couldn't read it himself) and he was humbly flattered :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...