Monday, August 25, 2008

A Possible Answer!

Today I called a GI doctor and got an appointment for this afternoon! At first the lady was scheduling me for 2 weeks from now, but then changed it to within 2 hours of when I called. That is amazing enough and I was SO happy about it. Happy or not my anxiety has been through the roof. My chest won't stop hurting and my hands have taken on a permanent shake. It's weird that my body is showing these symptoms because mentally I'm not panicking. I was slightly nervous about the new doctor and possible outcome, but not any more than a normal person. Anyway, on to the good part.

She was a super nice doctor, Dr. Santos. After I told her where my pain was she came out with two explanations (finally! Answers!). First one could be stomach ulcers, which could be the left sided pain, and duodenal ulcers for the right sided pain. Second possibility is gastritis. Both diseases are very similar, just one has caused actual sores in the stomach. Gastritis is an inflammation of the whole stomach. Either answer I'll be happy with. They're easily treated and are not long term problems.

Downside is I have to have an EGD to confirm this. That's when they put you under anesthesia and have a camera go down your throat. When they do that they'll also do a biopsy for Celiac Disease and H. Pylori bacteria. That's scheduled for 2 weeks from now.

Until then she gave me another medication. Something called Zenegrid, it's a new medication. It's a combination medication so hopefully it'll work better than the protonix. If it doesn't help with the pain I'll try to have the EGD moved up.

For now, at least we have something to go off of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...