Saturday, August 16, 2008

A little Personal

For the past couple of months, and I use "couple" very loosely, I've been having this nagging pain in my left abdomen. Since I'm a nurse, I clearly did not go to the doctor right away, cause we're probably some of the worst patients possible. On my own I was able to rule out appendicitis, and any gallbladder and liver disease. But over the last couple of weeks the pain has become more consistent and I got annoyed enough to finally go see what the doctor had to say.

I see a super nice physicians assistant named Kelly and she was SO informative and SO thorough. After a battery of tests she thinks I may have a kidney stone. One test showed a couple of abnormilities that doesn't fit my profile at all, such as dehydration. Anyone who knows me knows I'm always drinking water. The possibility of kidney stones is surprising since they don't tend to manifest in this way. Typically kidney disease produces pain in the side or back, not in the front of the abdomen. I'm going to have an ultrasound this week, and she's going to call me with the results of my blood work. I'm praying for definitive results from these tests and that it will be something that can be treated quickly and easily.

Prayer would be appreciated.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...