Friday, August 22, 2008

No News Isn't Good News

I went back to the doctor today for a follow up. I didn't get to see the PA that I saw last week so the new girl had to start from scratch. That was frustrating enough. Then the lab cultured my urine sample but it didn't do a sensitivity. That means there's a bunch of stuff growing in my urine but we don't have a specific bacteria. Having the specific bacteria is really helpful with knowing what kind of antibiotic to treat it with.

With that said, today's urine sample did look better than last weeks. Better but not perfect. She put me on a different antibiotic for a longer period of time. They will do a culture and sensitivity again. She said I'm still dehydrated, which is really annoying. I'm a water drinker. I drink more than anyone I know. How does that add up to dehydrated?

She had no answers for the abdominal pain so she has referred me to a GI doctor. I'm not looking forward to more appointments. It wouldn't be so bad if I had some answers to go on. But having no idea why it hurts is really frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...