Thursday, April 30, 2009

Hot.

AC is such a wonderful thing. You don't realize how much you depend on it until you don't have it. We don't have it. It's hot. Actually it's only 78 degrees inside (right now) but I'm so used to my cool 74 degrees. I can't sleep when I'm hot, so the past 2 nights have been nothing but tossing and turning. I think I've seen every hour of every day for the past 3 days. And I have to work tonight. At least work has AC. Man I wish I still drank coffee!

My dad and an AC guy came to check out the problem today and apparently the outside unit has been trying to catch on fire for who knows how long. The electrical panel was black with smoke. We were hoping to get a temporary fix until the new unit can be installed, but that seems unlikely now.

We are having our house painted today. Jordan has wanted it painted ever since we signed the papers. Unfortunately, that means I have to keep the glass doors closed. I don't think Joel (the painter) would appreciate the Russells nipping at his heels while he works.

I have to go to work early tonight for yet another mandatory meeting. It's schedule for 5-6. I don't have to start work until 6:45. What will I do for the extra 45 minutes? Probably just enjoy the AC.... But of all the days that I've had little sleep and been interrupted by AC guys, I have to go and work extra. Stupid.

Anyone mind if I come spend the night for the week?

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...