The guys managed to move everything Sunday to the new house. We had to pile everything up in the dining room since we weren't getting carpet until the next day, Monday. The carpet guys came Monday morning and the transformation was amazing. The new carpet looks so good.

I've been taking pictures, so once we're more done, I'll post all of them.
The bedroom has turned out really nice, but no room is complete until you hang drapery, so once that's done I'll post the pictures.
The living room furniture looks really good with the wall color. The pink and green tile doesn't even look THAT bad, but it hurts my feet to walk on, so I don't like it.
The kitchen is packed to the brim. I don't see how I got all that stuff in the condo kitchen. Just proves organizing is a must and once we get organized we'll be better off. Right now it looks like we filled up the whole house. I have to keep in mind we have an attic now. I put the suit cases in the closet and Jordan reminded me we could put them in the attack, duh....
Last night the seller's cat came onto the patio and the dogs flipped out. He ran off. Not 10 minutes later, a raccoon came onto the patio and just looked at us. Once the dogs charged at the glass he ran off too. Hopefully since we aren't feeding the cat outside like the other people did, the raccoons will find a new home.
Speaking of previous residents... what dirty people! The carpet was rusted and stained more than anything I've ever seen before. The smoke alarm is yellow stained from their cigarettes. The air filter had nothing left to it except a think layer of dust. My dad said it probably hadn't been changed in years. He was going to take it to work to use it as an example of what not to do. All the light switches have a dirt ring around them (could be because of the useless air filter). I found a patch in the wall that consisted of duct tape that was painted over. I don't think the bath tub has ever been cleaned considering I scrubbed it til my hand was sore and it still has a dirt ring around it (any cleaning suggestions?). My conclusion, dirty people should have to live in the woods. My 2nd conclusion, if you buy a brand new house (or in our case, condo) it's REALLY hard to buy used after that. Spoiled to say the least. But hey, no one can say I don't know what hard work is.
I work tonight and Friday I'm off for our girls only weekend cruise to the Bahamas. Jordan will have plenty of time to get speakers wired and the lawn mowed. Maybe even finish some painting - hint hint.
Oh yes, and I forgot to tell you about my over-joyed puppies. They are having the times of their little lives. The mastered the doggy door 2 milliseconds after finding it. Jelly wants to be an outside dog permanently. She begs to go out from the time she wakes up in the morning until we make her came in at night. She found a hole in the gate and spent the first day going from the back to the front yard before I blocked her in. She is scarring all the trees the best she can. No squirrel will ever be in our yard again, and come to think of it I haven't seen any lizards back there. Peanut is a little more loyal to us. She likes the backyard but doesn't spending every waking moment back there. And she likes exploring more than terrorizing. Anyway, it's been one of the best parts of the house, getting to see our dogs have the time of their lives.

No comments:
Post a Comment