Monday, November 29, 2010

Thankful Kitchen Birthday

I wish I could write about what a wonderful Thanksgiving I had around the table with my family eating all sorts of homemade goodies. But I can't. Cause I was busy working. And yes, I'm slightly bitter. But in the end, although it was a very busy work night for me, I did end up having a Thanksgiving dinner. At 1:30 am. With my coworkers. Thank God I like my coworkers. My dear husband had gone to a friend's Thanksgiving dinner and they had so much leftovers he brought all of them to the hospital for us nurses. It was so sweet of them. And pretty much the only redeaming factor of the whole day.

These are some of my lovely coworkers enjoying our feast.

Although the actual day of Thanksgiving was lacking, the rest of my weekend was more than I could have hoped for! We got a lot done in the kitchen. We still have a lot to do, but it's all the little nitty gritty things that seem to drag out at the end of big projects.

A sneak peek.

It was my birthday on Saturday. I turned 28. All of my family got together at my parents house for lunch and cake. It was extra special since my cousin's and their kids were down from NC. Mom had a great feast for us. And I got a Singer sewing machine! I've already started compiling websites of projects I want to try.



My second cousin Jackson

All the food mom had prepared.

My cousin and I

It was a great birthday.



1 comment:

  1. Gotta love holidays at work...At least you got some turkey!!!

    Love the kitchen...It's coming around nicely!

    Man, I wish I would have been in Orlando this past weekend...What a feast!!!!! Glad you had a good birthday...old lady NOT! The big 3-0 is just around the corner! I think I had a midlife (well maybe quarter-life...) crisis when I turned 30. The whole not in my 20's anymore got to me and that's when I got my Yorkie...Crazy!

    Love you girl. Miss you. Hope to see you soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...