Monday, November 15, 2010

Kitchens, Hymnals, and Fire!

We get our new counter tops on Thursday! The company we bought them from has been absolutely amazing with being on top of this project. From the day we said let's do this, until they are installed will be 1 week and 3 days, including the weekend. Of course we still have to paint the cabinets after the counters are installed. It's a big job but I want to tackle and conquer it on my own! Then we still have to pick out all new hardware. I'm guessing all that will take another 2 weeks, but when it's done I just hope my kitchen exudes this kind of warmth...



This last weekend I finished a wreath I had been working on. I had done the actual book page part previously using pages from a hymnal, but I wanted to add a little something to make it more interesting. I bought some scrap fabric and crystals at Joann Fabrics and used this really neat method of burning the edges of the fabric (and my fingers) with a candle. It was a lot of fun to do and turned the edges of the fabric into a natural looking petal. Put a couple layers of fabric together, sew on some crystals and you've got a flower! Now I just nee to find other things that need flowers on them.....

click to view our etsy store

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that kitchen is gorgeous! I LOVE painted cabinets, but that is work for sure!!! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...