Saturday, November 6, 2010

Oh Kitchen

I seem to have snapped back into kitchen remodel mode in the last 3 days. It started when I found this lantern tile on Overstock.com for our backsplash. When I stayed at the Ritz-Carlton a couple weeks ago the bathroom (the one thing I didn't take a picture of! Ugh) had wallpaper in the same print as this tile and I just loved it.




The granite we picked out looks like this. It's mainly white with grey running through it.



Put the tile and the granite together and so far we've got ourselves a white kitchen. I plan on painting our current cabinets, so the color options are limitless. An all white kitchen is appealing though. It's a classic, elegant look that won't be going out of style any time soon. I searched online to get a good idea of what an all white kitchen would look like and came across these pictures.







While I was looking through Google images I stumbled across this picture.



It was pretty much like the heavens opened up and angels started singing the Hallelujah song. Dramatic, yes, but true.



It's so unexpected and different and dramatic and I love it! But then again is that what I want for my kitchen? When people walk in our front door the kitchen is directly to the right. Is that what I want everyone to be met with? A dramatic, smack you in the face kitchen? If I had some carbs (Carb free for a week now!) fueling my brain this decision would probably work it's way out better. After the granite is installed I'll be able to make the decision easier. Who knows, I might wake up tomorrow and hate it. That's why I always sleep on these things before I make the final decision.

PS I bought this faucet! That decision I didn't have to sleep on.

2 comments:

  1. I bought almost the exact same faucet for our last place! I loved the high arch.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...