Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Memory Lane

Sunday was an exciting day for us! It was our 11 year anniversary! What a great accomplishment.... too bad we didn't remember this monumental day until the next day. In my defence, I was busy worshipping the porcelain throne with some kind of nasty stomach bug and it was "just" our dating anniversary, which I would never expect Jordan to remember. He still gets our wedding anniversary and his work anniversary mixed up (so glad those two dates are on the same level of importance). After finally remembering what we should have been celebrating I started thinking about how long 11 years is. I'm only 27... I was 16 when I found the love of my life.... that's young. And luck. And scary. And pretty romantic. If I live to be 86 we will have been together for 70 years, married for 65. Those are just some mega numbers I can't wrap my mind around. My goal is 50 years, we will see what happens after that. Of course a good trip down memory road wouldn't be complete without going through the old photo albums. These were some extra special pictures I had to share.

June 1999 - the first time Jordan and I met


April 2000 - one of our first dates - we dated long distance for our first 3 years


June 2000 - the first time I visited Louisiana (I remember looking at this picture thinking I looked fat - what I would give to be fat like that again....)

May 2001 - my prom

As I looked through the albums I came to realize Jordan and I have been through everything young adults normally go through either alone or with passing flings. We graduated high school together, went to college, graduated college, got our first jobs, and bought our first house all together. Can't wait to see where the next 45 (or 70) years take us....

1 comment:

  1. and that was even back when people said you can't have 'real' relationships with people you meet on the internet, lol. Well I guess some people still say that, but you've defied them all. Congrats you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...