Friday, January 22, 2010

Inspiration!

It's funny how God brings people in your life. Some new, some old, but able to impact you none the less. I've known Amy (Roman) Edwards since we were kids. I think our parents were friends at church. Recently, through the all mighty Facebook and some mutual friends, I've gotten to know Amy and her personal challenge. Amy was chosen to be on Dr. Oz for a weight loss intervention, which you can read all about on her blog or watch the Dr. Oz show. Since October Amy has lost 50+ lbs and ran a 5k.

Today I got to know Amy's story even better when she had a follow up on the Dr. Oz show. She's made such amazing progress and she's such a beautiful person, inside and out, her story has really inspired me. One of my goals in life is to be a healthy person, and if I lose weight in the mean time, great! The Great Ski Trip of 2010 is coming up and I want to be prepared! I want to be able to ski more than one day! I want to be able to walk the day after skiing!

This week Jennifer Heuslein invited me to be apart of a 30 Day Challenge. In that challenge we will be working out with Jillian Michaels and her DVD 30 Day Shred. This is perfect timing and a perfect way to get ready for skiing! If you don't know, Jillian is the #1 trainer on Biggest Loser. She's known for being tough and working you hard. No breaks allowed during this 20 minute workout mix of cardio, weight training, and abs.

Yesterday was day #1 and it was brutal! I had just woken up and my body wasn't prepared for what I was about to do to it. I got really dizzy and had a hard time completing the workouts. Today was a lot better, I didn't get as dizzy, and I knew what my limitations were. I was sweating like a pig and feeling the burn for sure. I did a lot better with the cardio today than yesterday, which gives me hope for skiing the Rockys!

To wrap this up, I'm thankful for old friends, new beginnings, and great challenges!

2 comments:

  1. That's amazing! I love Dr. Oz :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched that show...I DVR Dr. Oz ;-)

    I want to get one of her videos too...but I am afraid she will tear me up physically...LOL!!!! I already need an ortho doc...LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...