One year ago today we bought our house. As this day approached Jordan and I were reflecting on all the hard work we put into it. We've done a lot, but we want to do so much more. It's that design sense running through my blood, I just can't help it. This is all the hard work we've put into our house so far:
1. Scrapped ceilings and sprayed knock down (we paid someone else to do this!)
2. Painted ceilings (with some friends help! What a great way to spend a Friday night)
3. Painted the whole house.
4. Replaced all the inside and outside lights, and the fans
5. Replaced carpet
6. Painted front double doors
7. Bought new appliances for the kitchen
8. Painted the garage walls
9. Put up shelves in the garage
10. Painted the exterior (paid someone for that too!)
11. Landscaped the front yard
12. Landscaped the back yard
13. Cleaned out 15 years of lint from the dyer vent (that was quite a job)
14. Jordan installed ambiance lighting throughout the house
15. Painted patio floor (it was an ugly green)
16. Replaced the inside and outside AC units
That's all I can think of for now. Of course this doesn't include the massive amount of cleaning that was needed. And lets not forget about the yellow jackets nest requiring a professional exterminator. Of course we've also acquired a cat or two since moving here. And, of course, I've got to decorate everything! That was the fun part!
Chicken & Wild Rice Soup
1 year ago

Wow, you guys really did a lot in a year. Whew! Hats off to you both. What I have seen pictures of or with my own eyes has been fantastic work. Good Job! Now get in that back yard on that bench and ENJOY!!!!!
ReplyDelete