Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day

One week ago today I started this carb free thing. I've lost three pounds. It has been easier than I thought it would be. I haven't been hungry or felt wiped out like I thought I would. I haven't cheated or even been as tempted as I was expecting. I figured I'd go to dinner and just have one chip, or to the birthday party and just have a small piece of cake. But somehow I've avoided doing that.

Honestly, the only reason I really think I've managed to REALLY do this full force is because of my stubborn personality. I said I was going to do this, so, gosh darn, I'm gonna get it done. I'm not concerned that much about losing weight, although I will be disappointed if I don't reach my goal.

In other Labor Day news, we went to my parent's house for a cookout. It was laid back and simple. We tried a new recipe with the steaks, coffee and ginger snaps rubbed into them. It was pretty good. My mother learned that I'm a big girl and I'm not afraid to touch raw meat. And I stayed within my diet. We even had some Carb Smart vanilla bean ice cream for dessert. Well, they had apple pie and ice cream, I had just ice cream.

After the family time, Jordan and I came home and worked on the yard. It's somehow relaxing, although it tore up my nails and cuticles. Now Vernon and Jordan are watching the FSU/Miami game, and I sit here bored....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...