Ohhhh, you know, it's a hard life, but someones got to do it.
I've spent my week helping a friend decorate her living room, which requires lots and lots of shopping. I got a massage monthly massage this week. We went to the beach last Saturday. We had a little Jeremiah's Italian Ice for date night and sat at the park on Friday. And I've been loving my new car.
Of course it hasn't been all fun and games.... Live to work, work to live...
I did have to work two nights, but I've been training a student, so she took half my patient load. It made for some really boring nights (AKA Is it STILL 3am??? Could these hours go by any slower???)
And this week Jordan and I met with our pastor to go over some stuff that has been a thorn in Jordan's side. He's struggling with the fact that the church (as a whole) seems to suck. We got to talk with Pastor Mike for about an hour and a half. He was compassionate and got right down to the "how do we fix this" - that's my kind of person. Not only that but we also got to ask some questions about Grace Fellowship. After attending the membership class last Sunday we had some stuff we wanted to follow up on.
Also, Pastor Mike believes in Calvinism and we believe in Arminianism. You can get a concise comparison from this website. These are two completely different beliefs on how God has saved the world. After researching we have decided we definitely lean towards Arminianism. For me personally it's just the God that I have come to believe in and love. So then our question was, how does that affect us attending Grace? Pastor Mike said it was really up to us whether we wanted to continue with Grace or felt like we should go somewhere that also believes in Arminianism. I know it shapes the way he preaches, but I actually like the idea of my beliefs being challenged. In truth, we will not ever know how God works exactly, so to swear off either idea completely would be ignorant. Pastor Mike could be right, so why not hear it sprinkled in a service once in a while? Either way, Jordan and I have chosen Christ, and that's the bottom line. If anyone out there has an opinion leaning toward either side, I'd love to hear it. I'm open minded to the idea.
I'll quit my rambling now! Tomorrow, Saturday, we are going to watch friends skydiving and go to a BBQ. Now, I have to go wash my car before it starts raining.
Chicken & Wild Rice Soup
1 year ago

the bottom line is CHRIST like you said....in our church FCC there are some different thinkers too....and I have come to the same conclusion.....kinda like the end times.....you know what God will work it all out...I just have to do what He wants me to do....then all is okay....and Christ is still the bottom line....we are saved by His grace and His mercy and His sacrifice...nothing from our own works.....so you and Jordan keep on thinking and speaking your minds....love ya gal....
ReplyDelete