Sunday, July 5, 2009

4 Day Weekend, 2 Thumbs Up

It was a four day weekend for us and it could not have been better!

Thursday

Jordan took the day off to finish the backyard. He spent his day shoveling, hauling, and unloading dirt and grass. The backyard is done. D-O-N-E. I spent the day sipping tea with my good friend Jaime and pinching Gracie-poos cheeks (her baby).

Friday

We spent the day running around mindlessly doing nothing due to some unfortunate communication glitches. We did find wood floors we want to put in the house though! And I found the exact model of CTS I want. And we went to Habana Grill to enjoy some Ropa Veija. Yum.

Saturday

Jordan got the backyard set up with an automatic, 2 hour a day watering system (don't tell Apopka Utilities). I made brownies, lots and lots of brownies, and we went to a 4th of July neighborhood BBQ. We got to meet lots of neighbors and Jordan sang karaoke. It was nice meeting those who live around us, and I know where the cop lives *just in case*. After the BBQ, we met up with my BFF from Atlanta, Steph, and her boyfriend, Eric, at Elephant Bar. I savor every minute I have with her since we only get to see each other a couple times a year now (it was a couple times a week when she lived here!). We got to talk about our trip to Savannah we are planning for August, yay!

Sunday

We made it to church for the second week in a row, woohoo (but next week I'll be working again!). After church we went to the beach, New Smyrna. It takes exactly 1 hour and 10 minutes to get from my front door to the sand. We have to do that more often, it's so relaxing and it makes my freckles magically appear. After we got back from the beach, mom and dad came over to see the backyard. They spent the weekend in NC visiting dad's mom. And this evening I watched Braveheart for the first time ever, thanks to one of our conversations with Steph and Eric.


I vote for four day weekends every week.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mary, Sorry about the mess up on Friday...bunch of silly snafus...glad you got together on Saturday. Your backyard looks GREAT! You two have really made that house ship shape in no time at all. It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...