Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Teal Colorado

We're leaving this Friday for Colorado. We've put a lot of effort into this mini-trip. We've had to buy a lot of new gear. I'm excited that I found someone to go with us that hasn't been skiing before. The two of us will conquer the mountains together. Or maybe just the bunny slopes. We'll probably ski half the day, get tired of it, and go back to the room to nap :) I told her skiing seems like a lot of preparation to just go freeze our butts off. I hope it's slightly more fun than that.... Maybe we'll actually get to see it snow!

This weekend, after working Saturday night, I did some retail therapy. Much needed retail therapy. I've come up with some ideas for our guest room. I hit a couple stores and ended up buying out the display at Marshalls. This is what I have so far.



I was thinking about doing that teal book color on the walls, but now I don't know. I think it's too light. I think I want something more brilliant. And ya, I only have pillows, no bed, comforter, headboard to go with them. Just pillows. The rest of it is just in my head. And the wreath is white flowers, kind of looks like feathers though, does it? And I just love the little chrome owl. The pillow on the left is PLEATHER! Bet you'd NEVER have guessed THAT would be in my house. I see it working out really well, in my head at least.

1 comment:

  1. Have fun on your trip....Don't break a leg ;-)

    I like the teal idea....just try a darker teal maybe??? It will all come together...no matter what you choose!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...