Thursday, June 18, 2009

Red Rock Exploration

Here's a video I took of the Bellagio fountains. It's 3 times this size, but I couldn't get the whole fountain without making video viewers motion sick. The water shoots up to 460 feet. You have to watch it to the finale! Oh, and I fell in love with this singer/song. I downloaded her whole album and am listening to it as I type.




During our stay in Vegas we took a day trip to Valley of Fire. It's red rock formations sitting in the middle of the desert. And again, amazing, incomprehensible creation that brings about no other words except "WOW". To get to Valley of Fire you drive about an hour through the desert, off on a winding desert country road, round a corner, then BAM! There are huge mountains of bright red rock. It was really neat to explore it. Every time I turned around Jordan was climbing up some rock he probably wasn't supposed to be on.


Petrified Log



Petroglyphs from Native Americans



Just imagine a whole park filled with these beauties!



Some rock I'm pretty sure Jordan wasn't supposed to be on.



This was taken on about a 1.5 mile hike we took through the rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...