Tuesday, February 24, 2009

That Slutty Raccoon's Doing Our Taxes!

What's more shocking than this slutty raccoon story?

fail-owned-intercourse-fail
more fail, owned and pwned pics and videos

The fact that we could owe $8000 in taxes!!!!

Jordan almost always does our taxes through TurboTax. This year Jordan had everything done except EA kept screwing up his W2, in the form of not giving it to him. Yesterday he finally got it and plugged the numbers into TurboTax. And we went from a green $72 number to a red $8000 number! Let me repeat. Eight Thousand Dollars. He texts me this while I'm at work and I'm thinking he added too many zeros. No no, it's actually Eight Thousand Dollars. Ringing in my head over and over again. This CANNOT be right. We work normal jobs. We have our taxes taken out from each pay check. Eight Thousand Dollars. And then I remember to pray. I have no idea what the prayer was. It probably involved a lot of begging. But this is a step because when I panick I tend to forget God exsists. Then I started switching on and off between Eight Thousand Dollars and That HAS To Be Wrong! That's HALF of our savings. That's TWO trips out west. That's TWO car payments for a year. Most importantly though, that money is meant to stay IN our savings account!

That HAS to be wrong! Since there was such a huge swing in the numbers Jordan figured something had to be wrong, so he deleted the whole 2008 file. Having nothing filed just looked better than having the number 8000 staring at you in red. I know nothing about taxes, but today I attempted to punch in the numbers. With my humble attempt our red is $101. Whew. So as of now, we're somewhere between $101 and $8000! My heart hurts just thinking about it.

2 comments:

  1. Daaang. You're right, though: since you both have "normal" jobs, that number sounds way off to me. Might be worth paying the pros this year - it's usually no more than $150 or so to file a personal tax return, and it could save you a bundle.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is much better!!!!! I would have fallen over and needed CPR after the original number!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...