Tuesday, February 17, 2009

So, This is What It's Like?

It's only week 2 of alpha and I'm already so tired of being alone. I don't mind being alone during the day, although I prefer a trip to the store even to break that up. But being alone at night gets so old, so fast. I feel for my single friends, and I understand why people choose to have roommates even when those roommates drive them crazy.

Today I went to the grocery store and ended up buying out the TV dinner section. Which is a stretch for me because I hate the idea of TV dinners. They are bad for you, bad food, and pretty stinking lazy. But it suuuuuuuucks cooking for just one person. I'll admit though, Stouffers Chicken Pot Pie was the best I've ever had.

After dinner with myself, I went to the movie. ALONE! I've never done this before. It's really sad, and pretty pathetic, but I didn't want to sit around the house doing nothing. I went to see Coraline. It's directed by the same guy who did Nightmare Before Christmas. It's based on a horror/fantasy novel. It was REALLY good. Really weird, sitting in the movies all by myself. But I'm so glad I went to see this one. It really had a spiritual undertone. I won't go into details, it wouldn't make sense unless you saw the movie, but I really enjoyed it. I'm still confused about the bug furniture though....?

And a little Peanut Butter Jelly time. Today I went for my usual walk. Normally the dogs a glued to the window so each time I go past the house there are they're eager little faces looking out at me. On my second lap around today, they weren't there. I immediately thought "What are they getting into?" By the time I got back in the house I had forgotten and they played up the "we weren't doing anyting bad" bit good enough to fool me. Tonight after I got home from the movie I hear them in the kitchen crunching away on their food, or what I thought was their food. Ends up they found the kitty food bag in the pantry. Who knows how long they've been eating out of it. And when I went in to confront the little monsters, Peanut just looked at me like I was the idiot for leaving it within their reach. Which I guess I kind of was....

Coraline Trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...