Friday, October 29, 2010

Owl Pumpkin

When I was a kid my family didn't participate in anything Halloween related. A couple years ago was my first time dressing up for Halloween, and a couple nights ago was my first time to carve a pumpkin. We went over to our long time friends Jen and John's (See Jen, I linked you instead of you linking me. You're readership will increase by approximately 2 people now) house to get our carve on. Since I'm really into owls right now, when I found this adorable owl pattern on Martha Stewart's website I got super excited. I let Jordan do the hard/nasty part of cleaning out the pumpkin and I traced the pattern. I had picked up a $4 carving kit from Walmart that came in quite handy. He and I went back and forth taking turns when our hands got too tired that's what she said. At first I was wondering why people enjoyed carving so much, but once I got the hang of it I really had fun. And I'm really happy with the way it turned out.



I have it sitting on our front porch with a lantern I found at HomeGoods this week ($20!) and a pot of mums.



Now if the Halloween candy survives until Sunday we will be all ready for trick or treaters!

3 comments:

  1. I need to hire you to just make my life more stylish. This is great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great first time pumpkin carving! And I love the lantern...it makes a cool glow on the wall. I'm sad to say that I've never been to Home Goods! I saw there is one in Altamonte? Will definitely have to make the trek up there to see what all the hub bub is about. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...