Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Dictionary Wreath

Ugh. Me. Crafts. Darn you. But after seeing this adorable book page wreath I just had to give it a try. During my weekly outing to the thrift store I picked up a $1 dictionary and a foam wreath form at Joann Fabrics. I opted to roll my pages so each word from the dictionary page stands out. Roll, glue, stick, turn. Do that about 112 times and you'll have a wreath.

I got most of my pages from the "D" "E" and "F" section of the dictionary.



The strangest word that ended up on the wreath was "death march" and the one I enjoyed the most was "dapple grey".



For now it's home is in the far corner of our dining room.



I got the book wreath idea from the same blog as the burlap wreath idea. I won't be trying to sell this one in my Etsy store, but I might make some Christmas ornaments. There are plenty of dictionary pages left.

I might take a flower piece off of one of these to put in the center of the book wreath.








My next craft project will definitely not be a wreath.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...