The sofa, ottomans, rug and mirror stay where they are. Everything else is standing in for something that either doesn't exist yet, or is being painted. The chair over by the mirror is staying, but it currently stripped down to it's cushion. It used to look like this.
My friend found it for me at a thrift store for $25. The fabric was stained and dry rotted so all of it came off last night. Which means I have to learn how to reupholster a chair (fingers crossed) so I don't have this sitting in my living room for long.
We also found these end tables at the same thrift store for $15 each. They did have marble inserts in the top, but one was chipped and we broke the other in the thrift store parking lot. I'm having pieces of glass cut to replace them, and plan on putting some kind of decorative paper under the glass. The pedestal table is from Home Goods for $40 and is getting the same coat of paint as the other tables to help unify all 3.
This is in the middle of painting them. The white is primer and the green is actually my kitchen cabinet color with white mixed in to make it a little lighter green.
We still have a long way to go but I'm enjoying the little DIY projects to make this living room unique and all my own.



Love your choices! good luck on the chair and I can't wait to see the finished project! I always love my rooms a {little} more when I redo all the furniture myself :)
ReplyDeleteI love your sofa.
ReplyDelete