For $3 we made our first purchase yesterday. They are some ugly old pendant lamps, probably from the 70s. They have updated hardwiring and are pretty solid. We will be doing something with them, not sure what. And if ends up awful, we're out $1.50 each.

As for the blogs, my new favorite that I check out 8 times a day is Young House Love. I think I've found my bosom buddies and I'm officially stalking their site 24/7. They are a young couple, just had a baby, and their blog is about restoring their 50 year old home. They have DIY tutorials, design advice, budgeting ideas, pretty much everything design related I could hope for. It's like they are writing it just for me.
The next couple of blogs are specifically about repurposing and renovating furniture and accessories. I read all of Flea Market Trixie in one sitting. Some of her items she found for free and made them into something totally cool. This blog is great for getting inspiration about what seems like ugly junk can be turned into.
So I'm in blog heaven right now. I hope that Erin and I can use some of their ideas and use the talents God has given us. I'm sure I will be posting updates on here.
Finding me at a garage sale wasn't random enough for this weekend. I hope you're sitting down for this one. We got our first piece of nursery furniture. Nursery as in baby nursery. But don't get too excited. This is premature to say the least. One of my mom's parents that she works for gave her a glider and she asked if I wanted it. It fits into the new idea of refurbishing stuff and one day we will need to glide with a kid, I'm sure. It's a little on the brown-blah side, so I'll have to learn how to make slip covers for the detachable cushions. But since it was free I knew I needed to grab it up.

And that concludes my random weekend.

How fun! I will have to check out the blogs :)
ReplyDeleteOoh, love the blogs! Especially Flea Market Trixie. I've never been a fan of Shabby Chic, but all her pictures are eye candy - just gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteThe other blog is so "you," Mary - you guys must be style soul mates! I think I recognize the couple from DIY magazine, too; I've been subscribed for a year or two now. Anyway, their house makes me want to install floor to ceiling white curtains and bamboo shades on every window. Ha!
We're re-doing my office soon: just purchased new wood flooring, and the whole room is getting a major face-lift. I'm thinking teal/robin's egg blue with a slight vintage kick. Clearly, your style is rubbing off on me. ;)
just started looking at that blog, so cute! And so you!
ReplyDeleteI emailed Young House Love some of our bathroom redesign pictures last week and they actually sent me an email back. If I make it onto one of their "Reader Redesigns" I'll just flip!
ReplyDeleteShabby Chic was always one of my least favorite decorating styles, but the way Flea Market Trixie does it brings a new meaning. I think it's because her's leans toward the french side instead of country.
Jen - I want to hear all about your office re-do.
Mary, you should do a show on HGTV. I'd watch it :)
ReplyDelete