Monday, July 26, 2010

Big Plants, Little Plants

While looking through all the design blogs I recently discovered I've noticed a common thread, indoor plants! Luckily, our house is bright enough with the skylights and clerestory windows I think I can actually pull this off. Last week I bought a couple flowers from Target for my kitchen that promptly died (I'm ashamed to admit this is like the 6th Target plant that has died, but now I think I've figured it out, TARGET PLANTS DIE). Today I started making a terrarium (not from Target plants). Terrariums are self contained ecosystems that just require a spritz of water every 3-4 weeks. Sounds easy, right? Hopefully it will turn out a little better than the doomed Target flowers. I still need to find some moss so it's a work in progress (I need some mini construction signs) but so far I think it's cute.



While I've been flower hunting, garage sale traipsing, and thrift store digging, Jordan has been taking some amazing pictures. Ever since he got his camera back in December he's been teaching himself how to use it. He's really developing some amazing talent. He must have wanted to practice some night time shooting because all of these are in the dark.



3 comments:

  1. He does have talent. Those pictures are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can get moss at Petsmart in the Reptile section. Should be the stuff you need. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Britt! I thought I was going to have to order that stuff online! I'm going there tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...