I'm going to start something new on my blog and begin posting recipes. I love trying new recipes and I'm always on the hunt. Some recipes will be healthy, some, not so much. But all will be simple and winners in this house!
Here's the first recipe, and I'll be starting this off right with a dessert! I found this in the Better Homes and Gardens magazine and modified it a bit. It's supposed to be a morning parfait, but I've been eating it as a dessert at night after dinner. It's a heart healthy dessert, but soothes that sweet tooth just as good as a bowl full of gut expanding ice cream.
Dessert Parfait
Start to finish: 20 minutes
1/4 cup raisins
2 tbsp. orange juice
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 an 8 oz package of reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 cup low-fat granola
Honey
Any variety of fresh fruit. I used blueberries, bananas, strawberries, and oranges
1. In a small bowl combine raisins and orange juice. Cover and microwave for 30-45 seconds. Let this stand one minute to plump raisins. Stir in vanilla.
2. In a medium bowl combine softened cream cheese and sugar; beat with mixer on medium speed until smooth. Stir in raisin mixture.
3. In four bowls or dessert glasses, layer half cream cheese, half fruit, and half granola.
4. Drizzle with honey
This is such a simple way to curb the cravings for something sweet, creamy, and crunchy.
If you have a recipe you'd like to share, please email it to me at freckledpeanut82@yahoo.com
Chicken & Wild Rice Soup
1 year ago

No comments:
Post a Comment